2016 Morrelli & Melvin Custom Catamaran
Yacht price :
On a rare occasion a vessel of this caliber comes available, Mauliola is an extremely well thought out design, Possibly Pete Melvin of Morrelli & Melvin Yacht Design best design to date. The build consists of a Composite of a Carbon Fiber inner skin, Corcell sandwich and Kevlar/Epoxy/Carbon The boat is extremely light at 30,500 lbs and offer fantastic passage making capabilities.
If you are considering a fast cruising cat with the highest degree of build specs, many unique to this build and safety features that make this one of the best prepared cats in the world today. And no long build times associated with commissioning a new boat, or dealing with new build issues then you should give serious consideration to Mauliola.
Seller looking for respectable offers on this spectacular build.
- Morrelli & Melvin
- Custom Catamaran
- San Diego, CA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 65 ft - 19.81 meter
- 65 ft - 19.81 meter
- 28 ft 5 in - 8.66 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 55 (Individual), 110 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Mauliola - Is a cutting edge build, She features many innovative and unique features not found on any other performance cruising catamaran - you truly must see this boat in person to appreciate all that the owner has incorporated into this build.
Every detail is well thought out with efficiency and safety in mind to be able to cruise any where in the world - all these systems have been proven and modified as needed during extensive sea trials to the South Pacific - from 2012 - 2014, From 2014-2016 the boat was on the hard in New Zealand finishing up the original build specification and undergoing modification to enhance the performance, safety and access to remote locations anywhere in the world.
Unlike a new build from HH, Gunboat,- boats by the same designers Morrelli & Melvin there is no wait time for a build or dealing with timeline or redesign issues that could come up with a a new build. Mauliola started out as a trend setter, and was conceived with every single detail you could want in a high performance cruising catamaran - She is very light with speeds matching wind speed in all wind ranges, with ease of sailing/passage making and safety being the key elements to this build.
Mauliola has already been put through the paces and is a proven yacht that shows like new, and is ready to take you on your next adventure.
See website designed specifically for MAULIOLA https://www.catamaran65.com
Designer: Morrelli & Melvin
- Builder: Westerly Marine California / Finished in New Zealand
Launched in 2012 / Completed in 2016
- Materials: Infused Carbon Kevlar/Epoxy/Foam/Carbon Fiber sandwich construction
- Category: Performance Catamaran
- Model: MM65 - Hull 2
- Country: United States
- Ownership: LLC owned
A FEW UNIQUE AND SPECIAL FEATURES OF MAULIOLA
- Light weight construction mandate using the highest quality materials and methods
with performance being the goal for extended passage making.
(Lightship weight 30,500 lbs + maximum waterline = Performance)
- Safety under all conditions, Sail handling as well as anchoring can done from the comfort and security of the aft helm positions, the aft helm position also allows for the best all around views under sail and docking.
- Headsail tack tensioning is done via hydraulic rams with the push of a button at either helm station
- Deep high aspect ratio Daggerboards that can be raised up flush to hull - allowing for greater access to shallow locals. the boards can also be removed with the use of a pole and lift apparatus without the need to go to a boat yard, the boards can also be swapped side to side if such a need arrises.
- Rudders that can be raised up or fully lifted out of the cassette, again reducing the draft for access to remote and shallow locals.
- Engine access is exceptional with multiple points of entry to allow easy access for service, the shaft have Aquadrive units to self align and reduce vibration throughout the boat, that exit on the inboard side of the hulls for reduced draft.
- Cold Storage both Refrigeration (16 cu ft) and Freezer (12 cu ft) are constructed out of light weigh carbon fiber with a very efficient insulation method.
- The coachhouse roof contains multiple solar panels and a innovative rain water catchment system
- The forward port boat has removable water tight door in aft bulkhead to allow for paddle boards and large object to passthrough for storage
- Length: 65' (19.8 m)
- LWL: 62.7' (19.1 m)
- Beam: 28.5' (8.7 m)
- Dry weight: 30,500 lbs. - yes this is correct !
- Fresh Water Capacity: 200 us gal (2 Water Makers Onboard)
- Water Heaters: 2 -15 us gal each
- Holding Tank Capacity: xx
- Fuel (Diesel) Capacity: 200 us gal tank + Built into hull 120 us gal reserve
- Maximum Draft: 10.2' (3.12 m) Daggerboards all the way down
Minimum Draft Hull: 2.8' (.63 m) Daggerboards all the way up
Apendages: Carbon Daggerboards can be pulled all the way out and switch side to side if needed / Lifting Rudders also lift all the way up - for super shallow access capibility
- Max Bridge Clearance: 92' 8" (28.29m)
Mast Height: 84' (25.6 m)
Mast Material: Carbon
- Hull Material: Carbon Fiber/Kevlar/Epoxy/Foam/Carbon Fiber
- Number of Cabins: 4*
Number of Heads: 5 (1 of those is in the port bow)
Number of Beds: 4 (2 king size + 1 Xlong Twin, + 1 almost queen size) + 4 pipe berths (2 of those are in the port bow) owner has turned one of the cabins into an exercise room + Pipe berths
RIG and RIGGING
- Mast: Marstrom (Sweden) Carbon Fiber non-rotating mast
- Spreaders / Masthead: Marstrom (Sweden) Carbon Fiber
- Boom: Marstrom (Sweden) Carbon Fiber boom
LONGERON AND FORWARD BEAM
- Longeron: Prepreg Carbon Fiber by Marstrom
- Forward Beam: Prepreg Carbon Fiber by Marstrom
- Pelican Striker: Prepreg Carbon Fiber by Marstrom
- Standing Rigging: Supplied by Marstrom - Made by SmartRigging in the Netherlands SmartRigging produces a variety of cables and cover types. Standard stays are constructed in PBO, other options are Aramid (Kevlar 49, Twaron) Vectran and Dyneema. High strength to weight ratio
- All halyards of hi-tech cordage
- Halyards and controls lines lead to helm stations aft
- Furling lines (reacher / solent) lead to helm stations aft
- Main halyard 2:1
- Solent halyard 1:1
- Staysail halyard 1:1
- Reacher/Assym halyard 1:1
- Mainsail: North Sails 3Di 1400 sq ft with 3 reef points
- Jib (Solent): North Sails 3Di 750 sq ft
- Staysail: North Sails Spectra 450 sq ft
- Reacher: North Sails 3Di 1700 sq ft
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker: North Sails 2600 sq ft
- Hull: Carbon Fiber with Kevlar reinforment over Corcell Core and Carbon Fiber inner skin
- Deck: Carbon Fiber over Corcell Core and Carbon Fiber inner skin
- Cabins: Carbon inner skin, E-glass outer skin, Corcell sandwich bulkheads.
- Cabin Soles: Pre-preg carbon/nomex honeycomb sandwich; all secondary taping carbon fiber/epoxy. Cork Marinetedeck 2000 in the cabins
All laminates vacuum-bagged and postcured
Finished in Awlgrip 2-part polyurethane paint.
ENGINES - Twin
- Manufacture: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH4AE
- Horsepower: 55
- Engine Hours Port: 1300
- Engine Hours Starboard: 1300
- Drive: Direct drive with dripless shaft seal and Aquadrive couplings on thrust bulkheads Engines located on inboard side of hulls to reduce draft.
- Propeller: 3 Blade folding - Flexifold
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Numerous Spare Parts: For cruising in remote locals
ELECTRICAL and POWER
- Batteries: Lithium Iron phosphate, Total of 960 amp hours at 24v
- Battery Charger: Solar/Hydro/Genset
- Alternators (2): Balmar 70a 24v DC
- Inverters: Mastervolt 2 at 4000 Watt each
- Genset: Polar 7.2 Kw 300amp 24v
- Solar Panels: 2100 Watts (10-200 watt /1-100 watt panels)
- Hydro Generator: 600 Watt, and 1- 500 Watt spare
- Shore Power: 50amp service, with connection located at transom.
Adapters/Converters to be able to plug in to all types of outlets
The boat is so efficient that the generator has seen little use, Solar and
Hydro generators supply enough power to maintain and run all systems.
Furuno auto pilots (2)
Furuno DRS4D Radar
Furuno Navnet TZ (black box) with 15" Nauticomp displays
Furuno Navnet3D backup chart plotter
Furuno RD33 instruments (4) + various other Furuno instruments including: 503; 504,
2 PC laptops with MaxSea and an extensive array of charts installed.
KVH 150 fleetbroadband
- AIS transmit and receive
- Icom SSB radio
- Icom VHF radio
Harken - winches, furler, organizers, blocks, tracks, etc.
Spinlock - upgraded clutches and jammers
Facnor - staysail and reacher furlers
Harken roller furling Forestay - 12 ton on a nitronic forestay
Facnor FXT-12 ton drum furlers with special stays made in
New Zealand on staysail and reacher
WINCHES: Electric / Manual - 7 Harken winches
Harken 60 2-speed - 1 at each helm station
Harken 70 3-speed - 1 at each helm station
Harken 70 3-speed - 2 at the aft cockpit
Harken 70 3-speed - 1 at the mast base
TENDER and LIFERAFT OTHER
- Inflatable Dinghy: AB VL12 hard bottom
- Outboard Motor: Honda 20 hp BF20D longshaft
- Fuel: Gasoline 3 gal onboard tank
- Liferaft: Winslow 8 man
- Standup Paddle Boards
- Dive Compressor
- Windlass: Lewmar electric V1-6 & Sport windlass V5
controls at bow and helm positions
- Anchors (3):
Rocna 88 lb, anchor
Spade 100 lb anchor
- Chain and Rope:
270 ft (82m) of 7/16 chain / 147 ft (45m) of rope on main rode
75 ft (23m) of chain / 252 ft (77m) rope on additional rode
JK3 Nautical Enterprises offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.